Friday 26 October 2012

Shared Topic: Confessional

Blog Azeroth proposes a new topic for bloggers to discuss every week. This week is courtesy of Mataoka of Sugar and Blood.



What is one thing, just one thing, you did that was pretty awful in Azeroth, that you wish you could get some kind of redemption or forgiveness for, or even just get off your chest?
 

This was a hard one for me. If it's not already apparent, I try to be very disciplined in my interactions with other players in Azeroth. So, I've spent most of this week trying to remember something horrible that was my fault. I've managed to unearth two.

1. A while ago, I was in this great social, family guild. We raided a little, but were never had a consistent group and were; therefore, never very good. The draw for this guild was the family element, not the progression... I made the mistake of inviting my Type A, progression driven boyfriend to put his alts in the guild, since it was where I hung out on mine. Worse, I made the mistake of inviting him on a couple of runs with the guild group.

Ultimately it ended with him cussing out the weaker members of the group. He was kicked out, and I left with him, primarily out embarrassment.

Looking back on it, I feel bad that I didn't apologize for the drama I caused, by proxy of inviting him to the guild and the raid. I always knew that it was not the right fit for him.

2. The second incident is pretty similar to that, except it happened between myself and a friend. Honestly, I don't even remember what the fight was about, but it ruined our friendship and I wish I could take it back.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's a hard one! And so awkward, I feel for you! Glad you participated in the shared topic :)

    ReplyDelete