Monday 15 October 2012

Shared Topic: The Rules of Me

Blog Azeroth proposes a new topic for bloggers to discuss every week. This week is courtesy of Mataoka of Sugar and Blood.



The Rules of Me: What are your personal rules you wish others would know about you?


When I first read this topic, I honestly didn't think I really had personal rules... and then I thought on it for a minute and remembered the "Code of Conduct" I referenced in my last shared topic and realized that the "Code" I was proposing is tied very closely with my own personal rules of how I would like to be treated by other players. The more I think about it the more I realize how high strung I really am.

Mataoka said in her post, of her rules, "These are not hard and fast rules, by any stretch--take them as suggestions." In my case, I feel like my personal rules, are not suggestions. They are what I use when I interact with others and detail my expectations of them too. Control freak or what?

I feel like most of my issues and rules come out when I'm dungeoning, because I think that the dungeon finder brings out the worst in all of us, so most of mine are going to be written with direct application to dungeoning, that was the only way I could form the feelings into words.

1. If I need help with something, I will ask for it. In return I will not offer unsolicited help. - I've been running a lot of dungeons lately. My significant other has recruit-a-friend so I play the account linked with his and I almost exclusively heal. Lately I've been getting a lot of groups with DPS who seem to think it's part of their job to tell me that they need heals. This only succeeds in pissing me off. If you need heals, I guarantee you, I know that.

2. If you want to talk to me, approach me. I'll like it. - I'm quiet, shy, and unassuming. It's hard for me to be the first one to talk. I love it when people make the first move at friendship, so I don't have to.

3. Friends in WoW or friends on the internet are real friends. Related: People on the internet are still real people. Be nice.

4. When in a dungeon group, know your role, please, act within the parameters of that role and be spec’d appropriately.

5. If I'm standing on a node, fighting, that node belongs to me, don't take it. In return, I will not take nodes from you.

6. Be courteous in dungeons. I'm not there to cuss you out, don't do it to me either. Mistakes happen, wipes occur. There's no need to call someone out. If they're horrible, kick them. If it's the first misstep in an otherwise good group, let it go.

7. I don't usually loot in dungeons. Sorry but telling me I have to loot skinnable stuff makes me want to even less. I'm stubborn, probably to a fault.



I probably took this way too seriously. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment