Wednesday 12 March 2014

So... it's been a year.

It's been nearly a year since I signed in here and honestly, pretty much that long since I canceled my WoW subscription too. In retrospect, I wish I had posted a farewell or provided some notice that I would no longer be updating frequently, or as it turned out, at all.

I can't say that I've missed WoW all that much, the game as I knew it has been over for a long time and none of the friends that I played with originally still play save one, my father. That's not to say that the new friends I made along the way were lesser than the originals though they were fewer in number. Eventually, I went from playing with guildies\friends every night to being more of a loner and you don't get very far in MMO's as a loner. My home realm population dwindled and with the introduction of guild levels the small family guilds with tight knit raid teams that I loved became a thing of the past.

Over the years I've been in a number of raiding guilds with varied success - to me it was more about enjoying the people I played with rather than the internet points and imaginary prestige. At some point, I lost sight of that goal and got into some hardcore raiding with a boy I was seeing in real life.

Ultimately, it was the dissolution of that relationship that also ended my love affair with WoW. He sucked the fun out of my game and broke me down from a confident young woman who loved playing the game with other people and turned me into an anxious girl who didn't want to queue for raid finder out of fear of screwing things up.

It's been nearly a year since he broke me, and while my real life bounced back quickly, with the help of some of the best friends I have ever had, one of whom introduced me to a man who builds me up and has made me the happiest I have ever been, my online presence has never bounced back. I'm not really sure why that is, I suspect it has something to do with deeply my ex permeated my online life, but lately I've been missing this blog and while I'm not sure I'll ever go back to WoW I miss the friends I made here and on other blogs.

I make no promises, I don't know what I want this blog to be about if not solely about WoW. I still game just generally not online. Mostly, I wanted to put this out there - I've missed you and I'm thinking about getting back into this, whatever it is.

In the meantime I would like to try Hearthstone, so we'll see where that takes me.

2 comments:

  1. /hugs. We missed you too.
    Hearthstone is definitely worth a play around with. I downloaded it expecting to hate it, but have really enjoyed playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read that things are going well in real life as that's the important part. Hearthstone is great fun although I'm terrible at it but it doesn't seem to bother me, still enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete